Looking for a job? Facing an interviewer or a panel of them, no matter how well prepared you may be is certain to cause anxiety. The same goes for sitting exams, moving homes and even getting married! This is pretty much normal, in fact even beneficial because some amount of nervousness or anxiety can help you be better prepared and plan for unexpected situations. What is essential to understand is that this type of anxiety is of a limited period. Once the event is over, you should be relieved from anxiety. You are also able to attribute this type of anxiety to a particular situation or person.
The concern arises when anxiety is persistent and not connected to anything in particular. It takes over your days, overwhelms your nights, limits your functioning and inhibits your social interactions. This anxiety has now become a part of your life and worse, you even stop noticing that you are anxious.
Chronic anxiety is likely to cause some or all of the following:
- Stomach and digestive disorders
- Cardiovascular problems
- Weakens the immune system
- Overworks the nervous system
- Respiratory issues
- Zaps up your energy leaving you constantly fatigued
Ashwagandha is a herbal medicine used in Ayurveda nearly 3,000 years ago. Traditionally for treatment of anxiety, the ravaging effects of ageing and for boosting energy.
In recent years, biomedical research has been carried out on this ancient herbal remedy tested and it was found to have the following benefits:
- Calms anxiety by reducing the levels of cortisol, the stress hormone
- Reduces fatigue and mental fogginess
- Helps with obesity linked anxiety
- Benefits stressed out infertile men with poor sperm quality
- Benefits women with stressed-induced hormonal imbalance
- Improvement in alopecia, a difficult to treat hair loss condition
- Effective in treatment of neurodegenerative disorders like Pakinson’s Disease
- Improves sexual function in women
- Lowers inflammation
- Support for immunity and low white blood cell count
NOW Foods Ashwagandha 450mg 90 Vegetarian Capsules are available from Rekindle Online Health shop @ Kshs 2,560/-
Dosage: Take 1 capsule 2 to 3 times daily.
Click here to buy